Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Letting Me Be...

As all of you know, I've spent a good majority of my life searching. While I've enjoyed the journey, I need to anchor my feet and be honest with myself. I've always denied parts of myself for a certain level of acceptability. I needed people to understand me, but that is never what I received.

Over the course of the last couple years, I've realized that my happiest moments are when I've spent time writing or painting or cooking. Creating something. Essentially what I've learned is that... what I do, what I create, whether it's paper or canvas or food, is Me allowing my soul to come out and breath from all the nonsense of my life.

Being creative isn't easy. But the difficulty of it feels amazing. There is beauty in the struggle. It doesn't matter what you envisioned, the point is that you're able to bare your insides to something.

2 comments:

  1. some of us need creativity or else we are miserable! you are right -- being creative isn't always the easiest path to take, but when it goes well it sure is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I get in contact with you?

    ReplyDelete