Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What doesn't kill you...

I screwed up. Majorly. Just because you've never been caught doesn't make it okay.  It will catch up to you.

In all honesty, I'm glad it happened.  It gave me a chance to further look at myself.  How I perceive things, my actions, how I speak to people and how others view me.  I don't necesarily mind people's viewpoints about me, but I'd like to think that when people look at me, they see a good person.

While I didn't enjoy this experience, I had something amazing happen.  I've never been a religious person.  I've gone to church with friends in the past.  But I've always kind of felt indifferent to church, religion, praying etc.  I had the opportunity to be involved in a group prayer a couple days ago.  In the middle of it, I just started to cry.  I mean CRY!  I was so moved by the feeling of being in the midst of this group where there was true feeling being thrown into the universe. 

I've always known that you don't have to be religious to pray.  I've always known that you don't have to necessarily be praying to a certain thing but something always stopped me from doing it.  My perception about prayer has changed.  Prayer is a happy thing.  Somewhere out there, the universe will recognize what you need and give it to you.  It may take a while to reap the benefits, but it's worth it.

Everyone is allowed the pleasure of prayer.  Just do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment