Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Bucket List....



I've been putting a lot of energy into figuring "me" out.  So much so, that there are times when I feel absolutely hopeless.  It takes a great amount of effort to be so self-critical.  However, it's necessary if one really desires happiness. 

A couple years ago, I happened upon this little piece of heaven.  Iguaza Falls in Brazil.  You might be saying to yourself, "its a waterfall, just a waterfall." Well, simply put... No, no it isn't.  Not only are the waterfalls some of the largest in the world, but there is a beautiful story behind them.  Legend has it that a god planned to marry a woman.  She ended up fleeing with her mortal lover in a canoe.  In a fit of rage, the god sliced the river, creating the waterfalls and condemming this woman and her lover to an eternal fall.

There is something mystical about not just the story, but the falls themselves.  I look at pictures often to remind me that there is a reason that I feel so connected to this place.  I feel happy when I look at these pictures.  This place gives me a little jolt of gratitude.  Its a simple reminder that people can live many different lives and never realize it.  You can be connected to something without rhyme or reason.  Do you have enough strength to search for the meaning?  Or do you stand back and let life pass you by?

Visiting this place has just been put on my bucket list...

No comments:

Post a Comment