Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Secret To A Long Life?

Last night my girls and I made a new friend, Arnold.  He was on the dance floor dance all by himself.  I mean, this man was gettin it!  It started as us saying "Damn" and then laughing a little.  At one point we walked outside and he was out there.  He started talking to us and by the end of the night I had fallen completely in love with him. 

In one of our conversations, Janis made a comment to him about his dance moves.  He said "Ya know what the secret to a long life is? You have to either like or love yourself.  Its nice to have people in your life that feel the same way about you that you do, but if they don't, Fuck them."  He went on to say that he doesn't care what people think.  He is happy with himself.  At the end of every day when he goes to sleep, he knows that he was the best he could be for him.

What Arnold said stuck with me.  I'm slowly but surely getting to the point where I accept me.  The good, the bad, the ugly and the magnificent.  Its nice to have people to take the ride with you, but if all they're going to do is find flaws, you don't need them.  Flaws make you beautiful.  Even cement has cracks....

No comments:

Post a Comment