Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Up, Up And Beyond...

Pride- noun. A high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

Pride can take a lot of forms.  It can be noun, adjective, verb.  It's a happy word.

I've used pride a lot recently.  Maybe not in the correct way all the time, but I am finally adult enough to realize that it's an important trait to have.  Today, in particular, I've used pride not just for me but for Luca as well.

Planning Luca's memorial service has been weighing heavily on me.  I guess I put it off for fear of the emotions that it would bring up.  I've been stuggling with the possibility of never being able to have another child lately and have been completely avoiding dealing with the child that needs to be remembered.  But I did it.  Without even thinking about it this morning, I found myself looking up memorial ideas.  It was a proud moment.  Not just a proud moment, a proud feeling.  As his mother, I was able to come up with a plan that I feel will celebrate the time he spent with me.

Something magnificent happens in your body and mind when you experience true pride.  Hopefully, wherever Luca is, he feels it the same way I do.  He is going to have a beautiful service.

No comments:

Post a Comment