Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The guy from 4E... The boy around the corner... oh, and him, well, I think he lives in GA...

Its important to have an open mind.  Especially in regards to dating.

Most 16 year old girls have a list of qualities that their future husband must have- what he MUST look like, how much money he'll need to make, humor, sensitivity etc.  I was not one of those girls.  I've always looked at dating as an experience.  I didn't want to come up with some kind of list with my girlfriends that was going to tie me into a knot of a man that probably, NO... doesn't exist.  I've dated a lot of different types of people. Race, age, class, personality, tall, short (no one shorter than me- this is the only thing I've ever stuck to!)  Being open has given me the chance to, at the age I am now, really make the correct decisions as to what my "type" is.  No 16 year old, male or female, can make that kind of decision.

What I'd really like to know is this.... Why is it that whenever you say "I'm putting this off for a while, I'm going to work on me... Really work on who I am," does every man in your life plus some new one's decide to make an appearance?  I'm not the only person this happened to today, and I think its just really freakin hilarious the way the universe talks to us.  I need to figure this out.  I need to have some understanding as to why this always seems to be the way it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment